Will Smith began his first gig in the entertainment industry by becoming a rapper known as The Fresh Prince.
Then, he formed a beatboxer group and released a single in 1985 titled Girls Ain’t Nothing but Trouble.
In 1986, the duo launched a debut album titled Rock the House. In 1989, the group got their first Grammy Award for Best Rap Performance.
In 1990, he appeared in a sitcom titled The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. This sitcom led him to his first major roles in Six Degrees of Separation (1993) and Bad Boys (1995).
Two years later, he starred in Men in Black as Agent J, which grossed more than 589,3 million USD.
He also started his solo music career as he released the theme song of Men in Black. In the same year, he launched his first solo album titled Big Willie Style.
The album received platinum nine times from the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA).
He continued contributing to blockbusters such as the film Ali and I Am Legend. The films brought him receiving prestigious awards like the Teen Choice Awards and MTV Movie Awards.
His music also gained more recognition by performing at FIFA World Cup in 2018.
- Full name: Willard Carroll Smith Jr.
- Stage name: Will Smith
- Nickname: Mr. July, Will, Fresh Prince
- Born: September 25, 1968 in Pennsylvania, USA
- Nationality: American
- Religion: Christian
- Profession: Actor, rapper
- Education: Overbrook High School
- Hobbies: Fencing and playing chess
- Parents: Willard Carroll Smith Sr. (Father) and Caroline Bright (Mother)
- Sibling: Harry Smith, Ellen Smith, Pam Smith
- Wife: Jada Pinkett
- Instagram: @willsmith
- Facebook: @WillSmith
- YouTube: Will Smith
- His trademarks are big ears and a sappy smile.
- He can speak Spanish fluently.
- He is a huge fan of the heavy metal band Soilwork.
- Smith’s favorite films are Angel and Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
- His talent is solving a Rubik’s cube in seconds.
- The actor turned down the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) scholarship to pursue a rap career.
- He was married to Sheree Zampino in 1992, but they divorced in 1995.
- Trey Smith was his son from the first marriage.
- Smith hosted MTV Movie Awards in 1994.
- He also hosted the 1993 Presidential Inaugural Celebration for Youth.
- In 1998, People magazine listed him as one of the 50 most beautiful people around the world.
- He was in consideration for the role in Rush Hour as Detective James Carter.
- In 2005, he ranked #15 in TV’s 25 Greatest Teen Idols in TV Guide.
- He was considered to play Mr. Smith for Mr. & Mrs. Smith. The role went to Brad Pitt.
- In 2007, he was nominated at the Golden Globes as the best performance by an actor for his role in The Pursuit of Happyness.
- Entertainment Weekly ranked him at number five as the 50 smartest people in Hollywood in 2007.
- He also donated 1,3 million USD to several charities including Christian ministries and Scientology organizations.
- When his son Jaden Smith filmed The Karate Kid in 2009, he and his family lived in Beijing for 3 months.
- He received the Worst Screen Combo with his sons Jaden Smith at the 2014 Golden Raspberry Awards.
- He became one of the juries at the 2017 Cannes International Film Festival.
1. Look at his laugh!
2. He seems energetic with that pose and jersey!
3. This white jacket from Moncler is perfect for him
4. He looks cool with a jacket from Bel-Air athletics
5. He poses at teamLab Borderless in Tokyo
At first, people might be doubt him for choosing the entertainment industry over the prestigious university. Yet, he proves that his gut and passion never betray.