Yuta Okkotsu is one of the main characters in the manga and anime Jujutsu Kaisen, who is a teenager surrounded and aided by the spirit of Rika Orimoto, his childhood friend who died six years before the story
For physical appearance, Yuta is described as a young man with a body that has an average height and dark hair that is left disheveled. He also has beautiful blue eyes.
The outfit he often wears is a loose white jacket with sleeves that stop at his forearms. He also carried a sword placed on his back.
He is described as a man who has a calm nature and is even easily distracted by the crowd around him. Not only that, he also had difficulty in showing his confidence.
- Real Name: Okkotsu Yuta (乙骨憂太)
- Stage Name: Yuta Okkotsu
- Nickname: –
- Birthday: March 7, 2001
16 Years Old (Prequel);
17 Years Old
- Gender: Male
- Height: 175 cm (5’9”)
- Weight: –
- Blood Type: –
- Hair Color: Black
- Eyes Color: Dark Blue
- Parents: –
- Siblings: –
- Relatives: Satoru Gojo (Distant Relative), Michizane Sugawara (Ancestor)
- Hobbies: –
- Manga Debut: Chapter 0-1, Chapter 11, Chapter 137
- Anime Debut: Episode 6
- Japanese VA: Megume Ogata
- English VA: Kayleigh McKee
- He ranked 7th in the manga’s first Character Popularity Poll with 7,934 votes.
- Yuta makes a cameo appearance in Jujutsu Kaisen’s Opening 2, looking at the camera while carrying his signature katana.
- Before Gege Akutami introduced Yuji Itadori to the audience. Yuta Okkotsu played the protagonist in the one-shot now known as Volume 0.
- Yuta is an overpowered protagonist in Jujutsu Kaisen 0 as he is naturally gifted with cursed energy and is able to manipulate it very well.
- Yuta Okkotsu is a second-ranked cursed human because his childhood friend haunted him during his childhood.
- Second year student at Tokyo Metropolitan Curse Technical College
- Not only is his entire body, even his sword, is filled with cursed energy.
- He is the only senior who is respected by Megumi.
- It turns out that she is a descendant of Japan’s Big Three Vengeful Spirits.
- Although Yuuta has more cursed energy than Gojo, he is on the weaker side.
- His childhood friend, Rika, actually wanted to stay with him forever. Although he ended up cursing her, he actually loved her very much.
- Yuta is one of only four special class cursed humans recognized by Jujutsu High School.
- During his first training as a cursed human, he was given a katana primarily as an object to stabilize his cursed energy.
- Through rigorous training with Maki, he was able to use the sword and defend against cursed spirits.
- He has grown into a very capable melee fighter.
- He can use advanced cursing techniques within a year of learning jujutsu.
- He could even retain a large amount of cursed energy unraveled from Rika’s curse.
- By the second year, he had improved his cursed energy control dramatically.
- Although not at the level of Ryu Ishigori, he could release extraordinary levels of cursed energy with his attacks.
“It’s okay to live. I also want to be confident.”
Yuta Okkotsu is a quiet character and always looks like he is sleep deprived. However, his strength is great enough to be recognized by Jujutsu High.