Gabby Barrett embarked on her singing journey in a gospel choir. She has been working towards her musical career when she was nine years old.
At the age of 14, she joined Lamb of God Christian Ministries, an all-black choir. In the same year, she won a singing competition named the Kean Quest Talent Search.
In 2018, she became a participant in American Idol Season 16. It was such a huge highlight for Gabby. She finished third in the singing competition.
Then, she partnered with Allen Foster to produce an EP named The Fireflies. It consists of three songs: Missin’ Love, Your Name On It, and Fireflies.
She released her debut single independently titled I Hope. It became a major success as it ranked #3 on the Billboard Hot 100 and got multiple platinum.
The single also brought her to win Breakthrough Video of the Year from the CMT Music Awards. Then, she launched the remix version with Charlie Puth.
- Full name: Gabby Barrett
- Stage name: Gabby Barrett
- Nickname: Gabby
- Born: March 5, 2000, Pennsylvania, US
- Zodiac sign: Pisces
- Nationality: American
- Religion: Christianity
- Profession: Singer, songwriter
- Education: Serra Catholic High School
- Hobbies: Singing and swimming
- Parents: Blase Barrett (Father) and Pam Barrett (Mother)
- Sibling: Blasé, Demi, Emily, Philip, Elijah, Gabrie and Gypsy
- Husband: Cade Foehner
- Facebook: @gabbybarrett5
- Twitter: @GabbyBarrett_
- Instagram: @gabbybarrett_
- YouTube: Gabby Barrett Official
- Barrett has dark brown eyes and blonde hair.
- She looks up to Whitney Houston, Etta James, and Shania Twain.
- Will Smith is the singer’s favorite actor.
- Meanwhile, Gabby’s favorite actress is Emma Stone.
- Blue and black are the songwriter’s go-to colors.
- To keep her skin healthy, she always wears moisturizer, anti-wrinkle cream, and day cream.
- She also always cleans her makeup using a facial cleanser.
- She is a homebody.
- Before stepping on the stage, she often shakes hands with her dad.
- Gabby’s father works at Goodwill in Southwestern Pennsylvania.
- To pay her family bills, her father also worked to clean apartments too.
- She becomes good friends with Catie Turner and Caleb Lee Hutchinson.
- The woman had to face bullying in her high school.
- Then, Gabby enrolled in high school online.
- In 2017, she held a tour named Dreams Really Do Come True and spread anti-bullying messages.
- In 2018, Barrett donated her outfits from the American Idol All-Star round to Goodwill Charities.
- Along with Dr. Shellie Hipsky, she was featured in Inspiring Lives magazine in July 2019.
- She engaged to singer and her fellow American Idol contestant Cade Foehner in 2019.
- The couple held a rustic wedding in Texas in October 2019.
- Barrett worked together with St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital in 2020.
- In December 2020, she joined Fault magazine for a cover photoshoot.
Pics of Gabby Barrett
1. Gabby wears a black leather jacket with sparkling details
2. Her performance is always outstanding
3. A selfie from Gabby Barrett!
4. The black overall looks elegant on her
5. No wonder everyone calls Gabby a fashionista. This look is gorgeous
Gabby Barrett doen not only have an amazing vocal prowess, but she is also an inspiring artist who shows her willingness and honesty through songwriting.