Ed Sheeran had his first performance at a church choir when he was four. He started writing music in 2004 and launched his work named Spinning Man.
In 2007, he auditioned for Youth Music Theatre UK and joined its production called Frankenstein. Next, he launched an EP named You Need Me in 2009.
He began gaining popularity from YouTube, then played a Station Session at the St. Pancras railway station.
He eventually signed a contract with Asylum Records in 2011 and released his first album named +. It was sold more than 57,000 copies within the first week of release.
The lead single, The A Team, hit the top 10 charts in many countries. It also led him to win British Breakthrough Act and Best British Male Solo Artist from the Brit Awards in 2012.
He later worked as a songwriter, opening act, and singer with other artists, such as Taylor Swift, One Direction, and Foy Vance.
He also got a role in several films, like Game of Thrones, The Simpsons, and Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker.
He has become an award-winning singer since he won many awards, such as Grammy Awards, BMI Awards, and Global Awards.
- Full name: Edward Christopher Sheeran
- Stage name: Ed Sheeran
- Nickname: Teddy
- Born: February 17, 1991 in England, UK
- Zodiac sign: Aquarius
- Nationality: British
- Religion: Christianity
- Profession: Singer, songwriter, actor
- Education: Thomas Mills High School
- Hobbies: Beekeeping
- Parents: John Shareen (Father) and Imogen Shareen (Mother)
- Sibling: Mathew Shareen
- Wife: Cherry Seaborn
- Facebook: @EdSheeranMusic
- Twitter: @edsheeran
- Instagram: @teddysphotos
- TikTok: @edsheeran
- YouTube: Ed Sheeran Official
- His trademarks are fire red hair and a wide vocal range.
- Ed’s biggest musical influences are Bob Dylan, Joni Mitchell, and Elton John.
- Sheeran always names his album using math operations, +, x, and ÷.
- His best-loved book is Harry Potter.
- He loves watching a TV show titled The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.
- Ed likes eating bangers and mash.
- His close friends include Taylor Swift and Jennifer Aniston.
- He dated Scottish singer Nina Nesbitt in 2012 but eventually broke up.
- The woman became the subject of his songs Photograph and Nina.
- In 2015, he launched a record label named Gingerbread Man Records.
- He supported a campaign by Turn2us, a UK charity, named No Cold Homes in the same year.
- He got five nominations at the 2015 American Music Awards, including Artist of the Year, Favorite Album, and Favorite Artist.
- TIME magazine named him as one of the 100 Most Influential People in 2017.
- He was also honored by the title of Member of the Order of the British Empire (MBE) in 2017.
- Sheeran launched his music foundation called Ed Sheeran Suffolk Music Foundation (ESSMF).
- In 2019, he married his childhood friend named Cherry Seaborn 2019.
- The couple welcomed their first daughter in September 2019.
- In 2020, the Photograph singer donated £170,000 to Thomas Mills High School.
- Forbes magazine included him in its Celebrity 100 list in 2020.
Pics of Ed Sheeran
1. Sheeran’s performance is always breathtaking
2. The editing for his music video is hilarious
3. Ed wears a red shirt with detailed patterns
4. He poses in front of boxes
5. Sheeran gladly shows his awards
Ed Sheeran is a phenomenal artist. He came from humble beginnings and got his way to be the one of the best singers worldwide.