Jimin started his career in the music industry with BTS on June 2013. The group released single album 2 Cool 4 Skool with the lead single No More Dream.
With BTS, the man from Busan had released several solo songs. The first one is Lie, part of the 2016 album Wings. The song is dark and dramatic, reflecting the concept of Wings.
His next solo song came with the EP Love Yourself: Her in 2017.
The song titled Serendipity couldn’t be any more different than its predecessor. Serendipity is soft and sensual, conveying the feeling of love.
Jimin’s next solo project with BTS is for the song Filter. It was released along with the 2020 studio album Map of the Soul: 7.
Filter has a unique Latin Pop flair with lyrics reflecting the different sides of him.
He released his first solo song outside BTS in 2018. The song Promise is a mellow pop ballad written by Jimin and RM. It was released for free through BTS’ Soundcloud page.
In December 2020, the Libra man released his second solo project Christmas Love. The song tells the story of his childhood memory on the holiday.
- Real Name: Park Ji Min (박지민)
- Stage Name: Jimin (지민)
- Nickname: Jiminie, Chim Chim, Mochi
- Birthday: October 13, 1995
- Birthplace: Busan, South Korea
- Zodiac Sign: Libra
- Nationality: South Korean
- Position: Main Dancer, Lead Vocalist (BTS)
- Height: 174 cm (5’8.5″)
- Weight: 58,6 kg (129 lbs)
- Blood Type: A
- Religion: –
- Profession: Singer
- Education: Busan High School of Arts, Korea Arts High School, Global Cyber University
- Hobbies: Reading books, staying on his phone for hours, relaxing, hanging out with friends.
- Parents: –
- Sibling: –
- Girlfriend: –
- Jimin’s Spotify List: Jimin’s Favorite Tracks
- Facebook: –
- Twitter: –
- Instagram: @j.m
- Tiktok: –
- Youtube: –
- Jimin’s family consists of father, mother, and a younger brother.
- Before his debut, he used to attend Busan High School of Arts but transferred to Korea Arts High School with V.
- He was the valedictorian or highest ranked student in his school. He even became the class president for 9 years.
- This K-pop star was ranked 64th in the Top 100 Handsome Faces of 2017. For the year 2018, he made a big jump to the 25th.
- He has two favorite colors, black and blue.
- 3 is his favorite number.
- He used to feel fat and was quite self-conscious about his looks, especially his cheeks.
- The singer got depressed because of this and began to starve himself. Luckily, Jin managed to get him out of his depression and Jimin has been eating regularly again.
- Some of his favorite foods are duck, pork, chicken, fruit, and stew kimchi jjigae.
- He enjoys reading books, including comics. He even said that comic books influence him a lot.
- Jimin likes sunny days with cool breeze. During days like this, he likes to wear earphone and listen to feeling-good music.
- The man born in 1995 looks up to Bigbang’s Taeyang, Chris Brown, and Rain.
- He has impressive set of abs and widely known for it.
- Out of all his body parts, he is most confident in his eyes.
- Jimin likes dancing and would dance whenever the music started playing.
- He doesn’t like spinach.
- He is a black belt in taekwondo.
- This Libra man has to use eyeliners even in dance practice because without it he can’t show strong expression.
- He sees money as something important.
- The 3 requirement for happiness according to him are love, money, and stage.
- In 10 years, Jimin still wants to be performing and enjoying the stage as a cool singer.
- He and J-Hope share a room in the dorm because it is the biggest room.
- The man from Busan is in charge of the kitchen in the dorm.
- He usually tries to solve his problems by himself. He will go to V if he can’t solve it.
- The Promise singer likes to jokingly hit the other BTS members to show his affection.
- He had to kick his fellow members during the No More Dream performance and he felt sorry for them.
- Jin thinks that Jimin is the member that has changed the most since their debut.
- Jungkook likes to tease him about his height.
- He felt hurt when Jungkook put him in the last place in terms of visuals. Jimin himself thinks that Jin is first and the last is Suga.
- He tried to write some lyrics but Suga found it too childish and couldn’t use it.
- Jimin wrote down performing, receiving attention, and Jeonggukkie as the 3 things he likes.
- The 3 things he doesn’t like are Jin, Suga, and V.
- If he had a day off, the idol joked that he would like to go on a date with Jungkook and hold hands together.
- If he can steal one thing from each member he would get RM’s height, J-Hope’s cleanliness, V’s talent and gaze, and Suga’s knowledge.
- The Serendipity singer is close with EXO’s Kai, HOTSHOT’s Timoteo, VIXX’s Ravi, Wanna One’s Sungwon, and SHINee’s Taemin.
- Taemin would like to work with Jimin on collaboration for his solo album.
- His ideal date is a beach date where they can sit and drink together. He also would like to go to the countryside for the date.
- Jimin’s ideal type is a girl who is nice and cute. He prefers the girl to be smaller than him.
Pics of Jimin
1. Jimin looks dazzling in this dark green coat
2. Colorful flowers on the sleeve make for a perfect spring look
3. Not many can pull off a combination of black suit and oversized glasses, but Jimin sure can
4. Jimin always looks amazing even in such simple outfit
5. He is ready to melt your heart with this denim look
Jimin is an amazing singer with such strong vocals. Are you also a fan of him?