Joo Ji Hoon began his career as a model in 2003. He appeared in various commercials, including some big brands like Levi’s, Calvin Klein, and Reebok. During that time, he also had some small acting gig in various TV series.
The man from Seoul officially had his acting debut in 2006. He starred in the series Princess Hours. The drama was a hit across Asia.
It immediately launched his name into stardom, even being dubbed as a Hallyu (Korean Wave) star.
Following his successful debut, Ji Hoon starred in another series The Devil (2007). He also had his big screen debut with the 2008 film Antique. He then had his mandatory military service in 2010 which lasted until 2011.
The actor made his return to the entertainment industry in 2012. He got a role in the comedy film I Am the Kings. He also starred in Confession (2014), Mask (2015), and Asura: The City of Madness (2016).
In 2018, the Taurus man further solidified his name in the industry. He starred in the film The Spy Gone North and Dark Figure of Crime.
He was widely praised for his performance in both films. Ji Hoon also won many Best Supporting Actor awards.
- Real Name: Joo Young Hoon (주영훈)
- Stage Name: Joo Ji Hoon (주지훈)
- Nickname: –
- Birthday: May 16, 1982
- Birthplace: Seoul, South Korea
- Zodiac Sign: Taurus
- Nationality: Korean
- Height: 187 cm (6’2″)
- Weight: 68 kg (150 lbs)
- Blood Type: A
- Religion: –
- Profession: Actor, Model
- Education: Kyonggi University
- Hobbies: –
- Parents: –
- Sibling: –
- Girlfriend: Gain (2014-2017)
- Facebook: –
- Twitter: –
- Instagram: @_jujihoon
- Tiktok: –
- Youtube: –
- Ji Hoon grew up in Seoul.
- He used the stage name Joo Ji Hoon because his real name Joo Young Hoon is the same as an actor.
- He has a younger sister.
- The actor has an associate degree in e-business and a theater degree.
- He debuted as a model after his mother’s friends sent his portfolio to a magazine company.
- He was one of the nation’s top male models in early 2000.
- The man from Seoul was a regular model in GQ magazine.
- He was friends with people of different personalities.
- He was an extra in various sitcoms like Apgujeong’s Bell’s House and Nonstop 3.
- Ji Hoon has done several musical stages, such as in Doctor Zhivago and Don Juan.
- He attended an acting academy after debuting.
- He initially declined the role in Princess Hours because he felt embarrassed.
- Despite being a popular series, his acting in Princess Hours was criticized.
- He was praised for his acting improvement in his next works.
- He was arrested on drug charges in 2009, resulting in broadcast ban on some stations.
- The model was invited to the Cannes Film Festival for his role in the movie The Spy Gone North.
- He easily forms close relationship with his co-workers.
- He is the moodmaker of his group of friends.
- One of his best friends is fellow actor Kim Nam Gil.
- He is known to be a chatterbox.
- He is also close with Kim Jae Wook and Ryu Deok Hwan.
- In the past, Ji Hoon had lived with Kim Jae Wook for around 7 months.
- He really loves reading books, especially novels.
- He has admitted to have more than 1000 books.
- The Taurus man has a Shiba Inu named Butan.
- He has allergy reaction to cat fur.
- He is not good at taking selfie.
- Ji Hoon used to date the singer Gain from 2014 until 2017.
- He has double eyelid on the left eye and a monoloid on the right.
- He has gouty arthritis.
- His signature greeting is the Aloha or Shaka gesture.
- He grew up in a rather difficult economic situation.
- Breath by Park Hyo Shin is his favorite song.
- His ideal type is chubby and petite girl with bright personalities over tall skinny girl.
Pics of Joo Ji Hoon
1. Ji Hoon looks so handsome and mysterious
2. Love his soft and sweet looks
3. He pulls off dark colors so well
4. His face is absolute perfection
5. Ji Hoon is so adorable posing with the dogs
Joo Ji Hoon has continued to prove how amazing of an actor he is. He’s not afraid of criticism and always tries his best to improve.