Kealia Ohai, or also known as Kealia Watt, is an American footballer. She was famous as the player for Chicago Red Stars and as the wife of NFL player, J.J Watt.
Kealia Watt was raised in Draper, Utah. She graduated from Alta High School and was a four year varsity soccer player at the school.
When she was on the soccer team, she led the team to win state soccer from 2006 to 2009.
She attended North Carolina University and was part of the All Tournament Team in the 2010 ACC Tournament.
In her freshman year, she played 22 games out of 24 games and scored 14 goals. But in her final year at North Carolina, she lost to UCLA in the final.
In her senior year, she played in 25 games, scoring 11 goals along with 6 assists. After graduating from North Carolina, she began her professional career by joining Houston Dash in 2014.
In 2016, she became club captain and scored 11 goals in 10 games. She scored two goals in 10 games in 2017 before getting injured and missing the remaining 2017 season.
She came back to Houstan Dash in 2018 after her injury. In the 2018 season, she appeared in 19 matches and scored 5 goals. In 2020, throughout the 2020 NSWL College Draft, she traded to Chicago Red Stars.
She also takes part as the United States team. She has been a member of the United States youth program since she was 13.
She also played on U-15, U-17, U-20, and U-23 teams. She was a member of the 2012 United States U-20 Women’s National Team.
In the 2012 FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup, she scored in the 44th minute to lead the team won over Germany.
Her international senior debut began when she represented United States in friendly matches against Switzerland. 48 seconds after her entering the pitch as a substitute, she scored and set a record.
- Real Name: Kealia Mae Ohai
- Stage Name: Kealia Ohai Watt
- Also Known As: –
- Nickname: –
- Birthday: January 31, 1992
- Birthplace: Draper, Utah, United States
- Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
- Nationality: American
- Religion: Christianity
- Profession: Professional Footballer
- Education: University of North Carolina
- Hobbies: –
- Position: Forward/ Midfielder
Chicago Red Stars (2020 – );
Houston Dash (2014 – 2019)
- Facebook: –
- Twitter: @KealiaOhai
- Instagram: @Kealiamae
- TikTok: –
- YouTube: –
Height, Weight, Physical Appearance
- Height: 165 cm (5’5”)
- Weight: 63 kg (139 lbs)
- Blood Type: –
- Hair Color: Blonde
- Eye Color: Blue
- Body Measurements: 33-24-34 (Bust 33, Waist 24, and Hips 34 in inches)
- Shoe Size: –
- Dress Size: –
- Father: Ben Ohai
- Mother: Cindy Ohai
- Brother: –
- Sister: Megan (Older sister)
Husband & Dating History
Kealia and J.J Watt met through J.J Watt’s former teammate Brian Cushing who happened to be married to Kealia’s sister.
The relationship between those two began in 2016, but they kept it low-key. It was not until J.J Watt was spotted wearing Chicago Red Stars jersey no. 7 in a press conference then the rumor began to spark.
In the same year, the relationship was confirmed by Kealia through a podcast. After three years of dating, J.J Watt proposed to Kealia and they tied the knot in February 2020 at a Four Seasons Resort in the Bahamas.
Kealia Watt’s net worth is around $1 million. Her source of income came from football and the endorsement she received.
The average female soccer salary is $265,000 every season, meanwhile in 2021, Kealia got paid $395,532.
Along with her husband, she owns multiple houses including a log cabin in Wisconsin. The cabin has a training ground.
When Hurricane Harvey hit Houston in 2017, they donated $350,000 to the Houston Food Bank and they also started Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund and raised over $41.6 million.
- She was named after Kealia Beach, which was located on the island of Kauai.
- While in high school, she played soccer and in the track teams.
- She attended University of Carolina, majoring in journalism and mass communication.
- Her debut in Chicago Red Starts was delayed because of the Covid-19 pandemic.
- She is close to her sister and looks up to her.
- She also wants to learn piano from her sister.
- Throughout her career, she has never been involved in any controversies.
- She was diagnosed with severe astigmatism in her right eye when she was 6 and now is blind in her right eye.
- Her sister was a fitness blogger and a former member of the United States Youth National soccer team.
- Her sister married Brian Cushing, a former American Football Player, and she got to know her husband through her brother-in-law.
- After their wedding, they should go through quarantine because of Covid-19 pandemic and they spent quarantine time by training.
- She and her husband are expecting their first child, Koa James Watt in October 2022.
- She and her husband have two dogs called Tx and Finley.
- Her ideal type is…
Read also: Deyna Castellanos – Biography, Age, Trivia, Family & Life Story
“Being safe as a player is the bare minimum.”
“Two years ago, one year ago, this would not be heard of, so we have made huge strides there. Even in CBA negotiations, we’ve been able to be in the room and share our experiences and share directly with the league how we feel, and that has never happened in the past.”
“For a majority of the time I’ve been in this league, we don’t really know what’s going on. We would hear and see things on Twitter before we were told anything.”
“It’s so important to listen to players, to hear players, and keep us informed.”
“There’s nothing more important than players being protected and feeling protected”
“We were serious about these demands and we will go through every single one and either check them off or not,”
Kealia Watt was diagnosed with severe astigmatism in her right eye when she was 6 that led to her blindness, but she didn’t let it get in the way of her football career.