Ousmane Dembele grew up as an extrovert kid who enjoyed playing especially football. His parents who noticed his talent in football, allowed him to pursue his dream rather than studying.
At age 6, he traveled with his mom all the way from Northern France to Rennes, North-East France to meet his uncle who happened to be a footballer.
In Rennes, he began his career in football by joining youth club Madeleine Evreux. He was 7 when he joined Madeleine Evreux and spent five years in the youth club.
In 2010, he joined Rennes II and played for their reserve team. He made his senior debut for Rennes in 2015 in the matches against Angers SCO. He spent five years with Rennes before moving with German side.
In 2016, he signed a five year contract with Borussia Dortmund. He helped the club to climb to their first major title in five years.
His outstanding performance at Borussia Dortmund made several European clubs attracted to him and in 2017, he joined Barcelona. He makes his debut with Barcelona in the 2017 matches against Espanyol.
Alongside his club, Ousmane Dembele also represents France at various youth levels and makes his senior international debut in 2016 against Italy. He also represent Frances in the 2018 FIFA World Cup.
- Real Name: Masour Ousmane Dembélé
- Stage Name: Ousmane Dembélé
- Also Known As: –
- Nickname: Mosquito
- Birthday: May 15, 1997
- Birthplace: Vernon, France
- Zodiac Sign: Taurus
- Nationality: French
- Height: 178 cm (5’10”)
- Weight: 67 kg (147 lbs)
- Blood Type: –
- Religion: Islam
- Profession: Professional Footballer
- Education: –
- Hobbies: Play Guitar, Watch Movies
- Position: Forward
Barcelona (2017 – )
Borussia Dortmund (2016 – 2017)
Rennes (2015 – 2016)
Rennes II (2014 – 2015)
- Parents: Ousmane Senior (Father), Fatimata Dembele (Mother)
- Siblings: –
- Wife: Rima Edbouche (Married 2021 – )
- Facebook: –
- Twitter: –
- Instagram: @o.dembele7
- Tiktok: –
- Youtube: –
- He joined Barcelona in August 2017 with a transfer fee worth €400 million makes him the second most expensive player in euro behind Neymar.
- From his transfer to Barcelona, his former club, Rennes would get €20 million as a thank you money for laying foundation for Ousmane Dembélé.
- Since joining Barcelona, he has scored 22 goals.
- He can use both of his foot and is able to score with his left or right foot.
- His mom brought a big influence to his career as the club who were interested in him should get through her first to negotiate.
- Barcelona was his dream team because he idolized Lionel Messi and dreamt of playing alongside his idol.
- He had a team-mate and best friend who also played for Borussia Dortmund, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang. Both drive the same car and have the same pattern of house.
- In Barcelona, his best friend was Samuel Umtiti, who played as center-back.
- He is eligible to play for Mali because it’s his father’s country of birth. He is also eligible to play for Senegal and Maurita because of his mother’s origin.
- His wife, Rima Edbouche, is a Morrocan who was born in northeastern Italy and grew up in France.
- He keeps his personal information out of the light and only has little information about his wife or his marriage details.
- He got in a racism controversy in 2021 after a video of him ridiculing a local Asian technician in a Japanese hotel room surfaced.
- In 2019, he was fined by German court for leaving a house he rented littered with rubbish.
- Since he keeps his life information, there’s no details about his ideal type of woman, but his wife shares the same religion as him.
- His net worth is around $35 million.
“It is an honour and a pleasure to be able to play with Leo Messi. I want to learn. He is the best player in the world and in history. I am delighted to be able to share costumes. I want to learn a lot from him on and off the field.”
“It is a pleasure to see your name in the list of players that Barca want.”
“It has always been my dream to be at Barcelona, and now I’m here; I’m very happy. It is the best club in the world with the best players in the world.”
“I’m two-footed. I prefer to dribble with the left and shoot with the right.”
“What is important is that I do my job on the field.”
“It’s important not to lose a ball. It’s rare for the team to lose the ball. You have to be careful.”
“Diet is essential for a player, and I have to look after myself.”
“I’m not a phenomenon; I’m just trying to be decisive for my teammates. There are a lot of talented young people in football.”
“Germany, when you’re a young player, is the best. There are lots of young talents here, and people have faith in them.”
“Personal titles aren’t something which motivate me.”
Supported by his parent, young Ousmane Dembele pursued his dream and kept training so he could became the best player like his idol Messi.