Roseanna Park, or popularly known as Rose, is a Korean-New Zealander singer and songwriter. She is a member of the girl group BLACKPINK.
She rose to prominence after debuting as the main vocalist of BLACKPINK.
She started her path as a Kpop idol after signing a contract with YG Entertainment in 2012.
She auditioned in Sydney, Australia when he was 15 years old and was ranked first out of 700 participants.
Rose was a YG Entertainment trainee for four years until her debut with BLACKPINK in August 2016.
Before she debuted with BLACKPINK, she participated in G-Dragon’s EP, Without You. However, her name was not made public because she would be announced as a BLACKPINK member.
Rose was announced to be a member of BLACKPINK in June 2016. Not long after, she also made her debut with BLACKPINK on August 8, 2016, with the release of the album Square One.
- Real Name: Roseanna Park, Park Chae Young
- Stage Name: Rose
- Nickname: Rosé, Rosie, Chipmunk, Pasta
- Birthdate: February 11, 1997
- Birthplace: Auckland, New Zealand
- Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
- Nationality: New Zealand, South Korea
- Position: Main Vocalist, Lead Dancer (BLACKPINK)
- Religion: Christian
- Profession: Singer, Actor, Dancer, Songwriter
- Education: Canterbury Girls’ Secondary College
- Hobbies: Playing guitar, Drawing
- Facebook: –
- Twitter: –
- Instagram: @roses_are_rosie
- Tiktok: @roses_are_rosie
- YouTube: ROSÉ
- Weibo: roses_are_rosie
Height, Weight & Physical Appearance
- Height: 168 cm (5’6”)
- Weight: 46 kg (101 lbs)
- Blood Type: B
- Hair color: Brown (dyed blonde)
- Eye color: Brown
- Body measurements: 29-22-31 (Bust -29, Waist -22, and Hips -31 inches)
- Shoe size: 7.5 (US)
- Dress size: –
- Father: Mason Clarke
- Mother: Clare Park
- Brother: –
- Sister: Alice Park
Boyfriend & Dating History
She has been rumored to be in a relationship with GOT7’s Mark since 2018.
In 2022, Rose shared a picture of the Eiffel Tower captioned as, “baby it’s cold outside” and Mark coincidentally sharing his Eiffel Tower picture with the caption “not cold at all”.
Shutting down the rumours for the last time, Mark took to Twitter and tweeted, “Stop now.”
On June 21, 2022, the rumors between Rose and BTS’ J-Hope started from different pictures posted online by the famous Korean-born French chef Pierre Sang. He was posing with both idols in the pictures.
Coincidentally, in those pictures, Rose and J-Hope wore the same nail polish color which was enough to stir dating rumors.
However, those are just baseless rumors based on mere coincidences.
Rose’s net worth is estimated around $20 million to $24 million. Her main source of income comes from her career in BLACKPINK and endorsement deals.
Her most high-profile deal is being a brand ambassador for Yves Saint Laurent. She became the muse for Yves Saint Laurent Beauté in 2020.
The group evenly split their yearly $25 million earnings.
It has never been proven that Rose has done plastic surgery.
- She is the second maknae in the group BLACKPINK.
- Rose’s name is often pronounced as ‘rowzei’.
- Rose prefers to be called by her real Korean name, Chae Young.
- She was born in a family of lawyers, where her sister Alice and both of her parents are lawyers.
- Her favorite color is baby pink.
- Rosé is the tallest member in BLACKPINK.
- Rosé’s mother tongue is Korean although she was born and raised in Australia.
- Rosé can speak English, Korean, and Japanese.
- As the name suggests, Rosé enjoys flower arrangement, drawing, playing the guitar, and of course eating.
- She is good friends with Halsey.
- On the album Square Up, her favorite song is See You Later.
- She feels happy when she is singing, and she will be sad if she can’t sing.
- Rosé cries very easily and highly emotional.
- Rosé never practiced dancing before she became a trainee at YG Entertainment.
- Rosé has to eat rice before she goes on stage because if she only eats bread she can’t perform well.
- Rosé wants to be Ariel if she is given the chance to be a Disney princess.
- She can play several musical instruments, such as guitar and piano.
- She was on the show King of Masked Singer.
- According to G-Dragon, Rosé has a very unique voice and he compliments her.
- While still in Australia, she used to be a cheerleader.
- Rosé is close friends with Chaeyoung and Tzuyu from Twice, Joy and Yeri from Red Velvet, Ashley from LADIES’ CODE, and Hyeri from Girls Day.
- Her ideal type of man is a man who is kind and genuine and has a unique or good voice.
- She mentioned that the Korean celebrity who is close to her ideal type is Gong Yoo.
- She has several role models, such as IU, Taeyang, and Gummy.
- Rosé likes to change hair colors, ranging from bright orange, bright orange with pink, dark brown, red, rose gold, blue-white, to orange-blonde.
- Rosé loves eating Hawaiian pizza and Hot Cheetos.
- Rosé is a global ambassador for Yves Saint Laurent by Anthony Vaccarello.
- She is also a promotional model for Perfect World Entertainment’s MMORPG Perfect World Mobile.
- Tiffany & Co also made her a global ambassador.
- Her ideal type is a men who can sing and play guitar.
- Blackpink: The Movie (2021), as herself
- Blackpink: Light Up the Sky (2020), as herself
- Blackpink House (JTBC | 2018), as herself
- King of Masked Singer (MBC | 2017), as a contestant
- Fantastic Duo 2 (SBS | 2017), as a contestant
Music Video Appearances
- Shut Down (2022) – BLACKPINK
- Pink Venom (2022) – BLACKPINK
- Ready for Love (2022) – BLACKPINK
- On the Ground (2021) – ROSÉ
- Gone (2021) – ROSÉ
- Lovesick Girls (2020) – BLACKPINK
- Ice Cream (2020) – BLACKPINK ft. Selena Gomez
- How You Like That (2020) – BLACKPINK
- Kill This Love (2019) – BLACKPINK
- Ddu-Du Ddu-Du (2018) – BLACKPINK
- As If It’s Your Last (2017) – BLACKPINK
- Stay (2016) – BLACKPINK
- Playing with Fire (2016) – BLACKPINK
- Boombayah (2016) – BLACKPINK
- Whistle (2016) – BLACKPINK
“I love mangoes.”
“I always cry on tv. It’s embarrassing.”
“I’m in the mood to cry. So beautiful.” (BLACKPINK House)
“Best when it’s the four of us”
“Dream big when you can and enjoy it” (IG live- 13/11/18)
“When you just feel the most hollow, life gives you sweets.”
“I am doing well in Korea, I will practice harder and become a great singer, I will make you proud, I love you.” (message to her Mom on King of Masked Singer)
”I think that being able to be vulnerable is the most independent thing someone can be at times”.
“Each one of them really cheered me on so much. It just made me realize how important encouragement was.” (Rosé speaking about her band mates support on her solo debut)
“When listening to an LP, you can’t pick what to play. You have to listen to all the songs from beginning to end. It flows smoothly according to what the artist intended. One day, I hope I’ll be able to do something like that.”
“I just wanted my fans to kind of learn that I’m just as human as everybody else, and I can relate to a lot of things that everybody may be going through at this time.”
“Yesterday’s events have happened, and the things of tomorrow will come anyways, and I will do my best the next day again, too. So there is no need to worry.”
“Thanks to BLINKs who waited a long time, I was able to come as a solo. For as long as I prepared, I hope that BLINKs would like it. I want to see each one of you a lot and wish we could see each other quickly. Please look forward to the upcoming -R- activites.” (Rosé to Blinks)
Pics of Rose BLACKPINK
1. This is her style when she filmed Lovesick Girls music video
2. She undoubtedly loves dog
3. Rosé slays the audience with her tartan neck scarf
4. Cutie Rosé posing beautifully while sitting on the bench
5. The orange top match her outgoing personality as well
Who is Rose BLACKPINK?
She is a Korean-New Zealander singer and songwriter.
Who is Rose BLACKPINK’s real name?
Her real name is Roseanna Park, Park Chae Young.
What makes Rose BLACKPINK famous?
She’s famous after debuting as the main vocalist of BLACKPINK.
Where is Rose BLACKPINK from?
She was born in Auckland, New Zealand.
How old is Rose BLACKPINK?
She was born in 1997, and she is 26 years old as of 2023.
When Rose BLACKPINK celebrates her birthday?
She celebrates on the 11th of every February.
How tall is Rose BLACKPINK?
Her height is 5’6″ or 168 cm.
Who are Rose BLACKPINK’s parents?
Her father’s name is Mason Clarke and her mother’s name is Clare Park.
Is Rose BLACKPINK married?
She is not married. Furthermore, there is no information on whether she is in a relationship or not.
Who is Rose BLACKPINK’s ex-boyfriend?
None of her ex-boyfriend is known to the public. However, she used to be rumored to date Mark Tuan (GOT7’s Mark) and J-Hope (BTS’ J-Hope).
How rich is Rose BLACKPINK?
Her net worth is around $20 million to $24 million.
What is Rose BLACKPINK nationality?
Her nationality is Korean-New Zealander.
Rose is such a perfect Kpop idol. Her voice is angelic, her smile is enchanting, and her talent is amazing. Wish we can see her performs more in the future.