Lee Si Young is a Korean actress, model and singer. She became famous after starring in the popular drama Boys Over Flowers (2009).
Lee Si Young debuted as an actress back in 2008, by appearing as a guest for Urban Legends Deja Vu Season 3.
After making a small appearance there, she then acted again in a historical drama series, The Kingdom of the Winds, in the same year.
This Aries actress got her career breakthrough after appearing in the popular drama Boys Over Flowers in 2009, where she played as the best friend of Geum Jan Di.
After appearing in that drama, she got more acting projects in that year, proven by her appearance for Loving You a Thousand Times and also Again, My Love.
Not only in drama series, but in 2009, Si Young also gained various attention by appearing in the movie Five Senses of Eros and partnering with Shinhwa’s Junjin for the variety show We Got Married.
Later, she expanded her career by becoming a host for Entertainment Weekly in 2010, followed by her acting in another hit drama series, Playful Kiss.
One year later, in 2011, Si Young began to get the main character for the movie Meet the In-Laws and acted in the drama Poseidon with Choi Siwon and Lee Sung Jae.
Followed by those careers, she then gained popularity by starring in Wild Romance (2012), How to Use Guys with Secret Tips (2013), Golden Cross (2014), The Divine Move (2014), and Righteous Love (2014).
Later, she then appeared again in a thriller drama series, My Beautiful Bride, in 2015.
In 2017, Si Young starred in The Guardians, which finally was followed by her return in Risky Romance (2018), Live or Die (2019), Sweet Home (2020), and Grid (2022).
- Real Name: Lee Eun Rae
- Stage Name: Lee Si Young (이시영)
- Nickname: Si Young
- Birthday: April 17, 1982
- Birthplace: Cheongwon County, North Chungcheong Province, South Korea
- Zodiac Sign: Aries
- Nationality: South Korean
- Religion: –
- Profession: Actress, Singer, Amateur Boxer, Model
- Education: Dongduk Women’s University (Majored in Fashion Design)
- Hobbies: Boxing
- Facebook: –
- Twitter: –
- Instagram: @leesiyong38
- TikTok: @leesiyong38
- YouTube: 이영의 땀티 LeesiyoungTV시
Height, Weight & Physical Appearance
- Height: 169 cm (5’7″)
- Weight: 48 kg (105 lbs)
- Blood Type: B
- Hair color: Brown
- Eye color: Brown
- Body measurements: –
- Shoe size: –
- Dress Size: –
- Father: Lee Geun Soo
- Mother: –
- Brother: –
- Sister: –
- Children: Jo Jung Yoon
Boyfriend & Dating History
Cho Seung Hyun
Si Young married Cho Seung Hyun, who is a businessman in the restaurant industry, in 2017. They have a beautiful son together, named Jo Jung Yoon.
Si Young has an estimated net worth of $40 million. She mainly earns from her career as an actress, singer, model, as well as brand deal endorsements.
Si Young revealed that she had gotten double eyelid surgery. She also underwent epicanthoplasty, eye correction surgery, and canthoplasty.
- Si Young and her family moved to Seoul when she was 9 years old.
- She changed her name from Lee Eun Rae to Lee Si Young after she started to involve in the entertainment industry.
- Si Young was a female amateur boxer.
- She once won the 7th National Amateur Boxing Championships at the 48kg class.
- Si Young also won the 9th KBI National Lifestyle Athletics Boxing Championships at the 50kg class.
- She became a winner for the 47th Seoul Amateur Boxing Match in 2011.
- Si Young once got an online rumor that she had appeared in a sex video in 2015, which the reporter later was arrested by the Seoul Central Prosecutor’s Office.
- Si Young loves to travel a lot.
- For her role in Sweet Home, she had to do intense workouts.
- She is good at speaking English.
- Si Young never saw television before she was 9 years old.
- Her ideal type is…
- No Mercy (2019), as In Ae
- The Divine Move (2014), as Baekkob (“Belly Button”)
- Killer Toon (2013), as Ji Yoon
- How to Use Guys with Secret Tips (2013), as Choi Bo Na
- Couples (2011), as Na Ri
- Meet the In-Laws (2011), as Da Hong
- The Righteous Thief (2009), as Song Yeon Hwa
- Five Senses of Eros (2009), as Jung Se Eun
- SF8: Blink (MBC | 2020), as Kim Ji Woo
- Grid (Disney+ | 2022), as ghost
- Sweet Home (Netflix | 2020), as Seo Yi Kyung
- Liver or Die (KBS2 | 2019), as Lee Hwa Sang
- Risky Romance (MBC | 2018), as Joo In A
- Lookout (MBC | 2017), as Jo Soo Ji
- My Beautiful Bride (OCN | 2015), as Cha Yoon Mi
- Valid Love (tvN | 2014-2015), as Kim Il Ri
- Golden Cross (KBS2 | 2014), as Seo Yi Re (prosecutor)
- Wild Romance (KBS2 | 2012), as Yoo Eun Jae
- Poseidon (KBS2 | 2011), as Lee Soo Yoon
- Mischievous Kiss (MBC | 2010), as Yun Hye Ra
- Becoming a Billionaire (KBS2 | 2010), as Bu Tae Hee
- Loving You a Thousand Times (SBS | 2009), as Hong Yeon Hee
- Again, My Love (KBS2 | 2009), as Son Jung Hwa
- Boys Over Flowers (KBS2 | 2009), as Oh Min Ji
- The Land of the Wind (KBS2 | 2008-2009), as Yeon Hwa
- Our Love Shines (2011) – Couples OST (with Gong Hyung Jin, Kim Joo Hyuk, Oh Jung Sse, Lee Yoon Ji)
- When Time Passes (2011) – Meet In The Laws OST
- Just Love (2009) – The Righteous Thief OST
- Hero (2009) – The Righteous Thief OST
- Awfully (2009)
- Celebeauty Season3 (KBS Joy | 2021), as host
- I’m a Survivor (tvN | 2020), as cast member
- Those Who Cross the Line (MBC | 2018), as cast member
- Paik Jong-won’s Three Great Emperors (SBS | 2016-2017), as host
- Real Men (MBC | 2016), as cast member
- Knowing Bros (JTBC | 2016), as guest
- Music & Lyrics – Season 2 (MBC Music | 2012), as Jay Park’s partner
- Entertainment Weekly (KBS2 | 2010-2012), as host
- Dalgona (SBS | 2010), as host
- We Got Married – Season 1 (MBC | 2009), as cast member
- KBS Drama Awards 2019 – Excellence Award, Actress in a Mid-length Drama – Live or Die
- MBC Entertainment Awards 2016 – Rookie Award, Female in Variety Show – Real Men
- KBS Drama Awards 2010 – Best New Actress – Becoming A Billionaire
- Asian Academy Creative Awards 2021 – Best Actress in Leading Role – Sweet Home
- MBC Drama Awards 2018 – Top Excellence Award, Actress in a Monday-Tuesday Miniseries – Risky Romance
- MBC Drama Awards 2017 – Top Excellence Award, Actress in a Monday-Tuesday Miniseries – The Guardians
- Baeksang Arts Awards 2011 – Best New Actress – Becoming A Billionaire
“My character [in The Ghost] has this surprising childlike quality of being true to her instincts, especially for someone who has a complex backstory and is fated for tragedy. I find that part of her adorable. It makes her seem more human and relatable when she can sometimes come across as intense.”
“It’s encouraging and cathartic to watch marginalised characters overcome hardships and bring justice to evil—and we’ve been seeing more and more of this for quite some time now. It’s also one of the most effective devices for creating dramatic tension. The fact that women and children are no longer sidelined and have become proactive forces in stories is reflective of the change in our awareness as well as the social norms.”
Lee Si Young is one of the senior Korean actresses who we can look up to. She is independent, talented, and amazing.