Sebastián Yatra concentrated on music since he was a child. He studied multiple instruments and eventually decided to be a singer at the age of 12 after playing a role in his school production.
His minor debut started in 2013 when he released El psicólogo. The single earned a chart in several countries, including Colombia, Mexico, and Venezuela.
He continued producing singles titled Todo Lo Que Siento and Para olvidar. His breakthrough was releasing Traicionera in 2017.
It combines EDM, reggaeton, and trap. Traicionera charted in Latin America and European countries, also got double platinum in Colombia.
Moreover, the song also peaked #12 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart.
In 2018, Sebastián launched an album called Mantra. He also became the voice over in the Spanish version of the film Smallfoot.
The next year, the singer released his second album named Fantasia. The album brought him to receive a nomination as Best Latin Pop Album from Latin Grammy Awards.
He went on getting international recognition. He won Best Latin America Central Act from MTV Europe Music Award three years in a row (2018-2020).
In 2019, he collaborated with Daddy Yankee, Natti Natasha, and the Jonas Brothers for the single Runaway.
He also featured with a boy group from South Korea named Monsta X to sing Magnetic in 2019.
- Full name: Sebastián Obando Giraldo
- Stage name: Sebastián Yatra
- Nickname: Sebastián
- Born: October 15, 1994, in Antioquia, Colombia
- Nationality: Colombian
- Religion: Christianity
- Profession: Singer, songwriter, actor
- Education: Sagemont School
- Hobbies: Playing soccer
- Parents: Aníbal Obando Agudelo (Father) and María Adelaida (Mother)
- Sibling: Juan Manuel, Andrés
- Girlfriend: –
- Facebook: @OficialSebastianYatra
- Twitter: @SebastianYatra
- Instagram: @sebastianyatra
- TikTok: @sebastianyatra
- YouTube: Sebastian Yatra Official
- Yatra’s zodiac sign is Libra
- The singer can play guitar and piano.
- He has black hair color and light-brown eye color.
- This Traicionera singer has a Hispanic ancestor.
- His father is a foremost entrepreneur in Colombia.
- Yatra’s biggest musical influences are J Balvin and Ricky Martin.
- Meanwhile, he aspires to have a duet with Andrea Bocelli.
- Games of Thrones is his favorite TV show.
- He likes listening to an English-Canadian girl group named All Saints.
- Buffalo wings are Yatra’s favorite food.
- When he was a child, Sebastián wanted to be a soccer player.
- With his family, he moved to Cartagena and eventually settled in Miami when he was 5.
- Yatra can speak English fluently, but most of his songs are Spanish.
- In 2012, he enrolled at Boston University and studied business administration. Yet, he dropped out in 2014.
- He won the 2017 Heat Latin Music Awards for Best Andean Artist.
- In 2019, Yatra got three nominations from Latin Grammy Awards. They include Album of the Year, Album of the Year, and Best Contemporary Pop Vocal Album.
- In June 2019, Yatra dated a singer from Argentina named TINI, but they broke up in 2020.
- He partnered with a rock group Maná in 2019 to remake their single titled No Ha Parado De Llover.
- In the same year, he raised controversy by supporting Colombian far-right politicians.
- During the coronavirus outbreak in 2020, he read children’s books on his Instagram Live to entertain his fans.
Read more: Eminem – Biography, Profile, Facts & Career
Pics of Sebastián Yatra
1. Celebrating Christmas with Yatra!
2. A selfie from Sebastián
3. Yatra’s smile is heart-warming
4. Sebastián wears a maroon suit
5. The combination of jacket, jeans, and boots is charming
Sebastián Yatra does not only have an attractive look, but also a singing talent that impresses people around the world.