MBC released a drama form adaptation novel The Red Sleeve on November 12, 2021.
This drama played by Lee Jun Ho, Lee Se Young, and Kang Hoon.
The Red Sleeve became Lee Junho’s first drama after his discharge from the military. Previously, he was played in some dramas, such as Confession (2019) and Wok of Love (2018).
The next cast is Lee See Young who has played in Memorist and Kairos in 2020. The Red Sleeve became her first drama in 2021.
Kang Hoon was also chosen as the cast in this drama after he played in You are My Spring (2021) and Meow the Secret Boy (2020).
The Red Sleeve played every Friday and Saturday on 22:00 KST for replaced the previous drama Moebius: The Vell.
Read more: Now, We Are Breaking Up – Cast & Summary
- Title: The Red Sleeve /옷소매 붉은 끝동
- Also known as: Red Cuff of the Sleeve / Red End of Clothes and Sleeves / Dress Sleeved Red / The Red Stained Sleeve Cuff / The Red Sleeve Cuff / Ot Somae Bolkeun Kkeutdong, Otsomae Beulgeun Kkeudong / Ossomae Bulgeun Kkeutdong.
- Genre: Historical, Romance, Melodrama, Drama,
- Country: South Korea
- Director: Jung Ji In
- Producer: Lee Wol Yeon
- Screenwriter: Jung Hae RI
- Production Companies: WeMad, NPIO Entertainment
- Network: MBC TV
- Episodes: 16
- Air Dates: November 12, 2021 – January 7, 2022
- Air Times: Friday & Saturday, 22:00 KST
Synopsis of The Red Sleeve
The story begins with the struggle of Yi San (Lee Jun Ho), the next king of Joseon who has an arrogant and perfect personality but has emotional trauma because of his father’s murder.
One day, he meets with Seong Deok In (Lee Se Young) a free spirited woman and falls in love at the first sight.
He asked her to be his queen but she does not want her freedom lost and having responsibility as a queen.
Knowing the situation, Yi San did not give up and fought for his love. Did the power of true love can conquer Seong Deok In?