Rihanna began her music career when Evan Rogers, an American recording producer, asked to record demo tapes.
The tapes impressed Jay-Z, the CEO of Def Jam Recordings. Then, she released her debut single titled Pon de Replay in May 2005.
The song was her quantum leap. It was at number two on the US Billboard Hot 100.
Her first album, Music of the Sun, was released three months later and got gold certification from the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA).
The album was sold more than 2 million copies. A year later, she released her second album named A Girl like Me, and was certified platinum from the RIAA.
The number hadn’t stopped yet. In 2007, she launched Good Girl Gone Bad, the third album. It stayed at the top of many countries’ charts including the UK and Canada.
The main single of the album, Umbrella, was sold 8 million copies and led her to her first Grammy as the Best Rap/Sung Collaboration with Jay-Z in 2008.
The Caribbean Queen continued to impress people with her musical talent.
Her next albums including Rated R, Talk That Talk, and Anti always stayed on top of the Billboard Hot 100.
Throughout her career, she also collaborated with other famous singers like Drake, Shakira and more.
- Full name: Robyn Rihanna Fenty
- Stage name: Rihanna
- Nickname: RiRi, The Caribbean Queen, The Barbados Babe, The Bajan Beauty
- Born: February 20, 1988, in St. Michael, Barbados
- Nationality: American, Barbados
- Religion: Christian
- Profession: Singer, songwriter, businesswoman
- Education: Combermere School
- Hobbies: Cooking, biking, walking
- Parents: Ronald Fenty (Father) and Monica Braithwaite (Mother)
- Sibling: Rorrey Fenty, Rajad Fenty, Samantha Fenty, Jamie Fenty, Kandy Fenty
- Boyfriend: A$AP Rocky
- Instagram: @badgalriri
- YouTube: Rihanna Official
- Facebook: @rihanna
- Twitter: @rihanna
- Her trademarks are a lot of tattoos and a strong Barjan accent.
- Her biggest musical influence is Madonna.
- She is a huge fan of the music group Chase & Status.
- Jay-Z, Beyoncé and Katy Perry are her close friends.
- As a kid, the singer suffered from her father’s abusive character. She had many CT scans.
- At the age of 14, her parents divorced and her health got better.
- The Umbrella singer was an army cadet.
- In 2007, Maxim magazine listed her as one of the hot 100 women.
- She started dating Chris Brown in 2007.
- Yet, she had domestic violence case when she was with the With You singer. Chris Brown then was sentenced to five years of probation due to the violence.
- Then, she dated the famous rapper Drake in 2009.
- In the same year, she appeared on the Italian Vogue cover.
- FHM UK placed her at #43 in the 100 Sexiest Women in the World in 2010.
- She also got most consecutive weeks on the UK singles chart for multiple singles from the Guinness World Records in 2012.
- She was listed as one of the 100 Most Influential People in the World in Time magazine in the same year.
- The next year, she partnered with MAC Cosmetics to release a makeup line named RiRi hearts MAC.
- She joined the 2017 Women’s March in New York.
- In 2017, the Diamonds singer founded a fashion house named Fenty. The products vary from make-ups to lingerie.
- Rihanna donated 2,1 million USD to offer support for people who suffer domestic violence during the Covid-19 lockdown in 2020.
- Her ideal type is…
Pics of Rihanna
1. Her flawless skin is head-turning!
2. She wears one of her bra collections from Savage x Fenty
3. This red one is so fancy
4. What do you think of this silky dress on her?
5. The Barbados Babe is the lady boss!
Rihanna’s past life makes her a strong and inspiring woman. She proves it with her successful music career and business.