Uee made her first debut into the entertainment industry as an idol in 2007 when she was in a group called Five Girls, a group created by Good Entertainment.
After starring in an MTV reality show, Diary of Five Girls, this group disbanded because of the agency’s financial struggles.
In 2008 she moved from Good Entertainment to Pledis Entertainment. In this agency, Uee was trained hard for one year until she finally debuted with her next group, After School, with the single called Diva in April 2009.
Joining After School later gained her more popularity than she expected. Trying to reach her initial dream, Uee then made her appearance as an actress for a historical drama called Queen Seondeok (2009).
Not satisfied by ‘only’ being an After School member and actress, Uee then joined a project group called 4Tomorrow. The group members were Hyuna, Gain, Han Seung Yeon, and herself.
4Tomorrow made its debut on October 6, 2009, by releasing Dugeundugeun Tomorrow.
Two years later, Uee got the main role for Birdie Buddy and Ojakgo Family. These dramas became a starting point for her when her natural and flawless acting skills were praised by the director.
In that year, Uee also received an award as Best New Actress for the KBS Drama Awards and Paeksang Arts Awards.
Uee later released her own debut single as a soloist, Sok Sok Sok, on June 21, 2011.
Next year, Uee appeared again in a drama called Jeon Woo Chi (2012), followed by her long-list dramas, such as Golden Rainbow (2013), Hogu’s Love (2015), and High Society (2015).
After her contract ended on May 31, 2017, with Pledis, she then graduated from her group, After School.
One month later, he signed a contract with Yuleum Entertainment and starred in a drama Manhole (2017) and also My Contracted Husband, Mr. Oh (2018).
In 2019, she moved to King Entertainment and was chosen to be one of the cast of Cabin Crew Season 2 (2019).
Uee continued her career in 2020 by appearing in some variety shows such as I Live Alone and Omniscient Interfering View.
In early 2021, Uee’s contract with King Entertainment ended and she was signed with Lucky Company in March.
- Real Name: Kim Yoo Jin (김유진)
- Stage Name: Uee (유이)
- Nickname: –
- Birthday: April 9, 1988
- Birthplace: Jung-gu, Daejeon, South Korea
- Zodiac Sign: Aries
- Nationality: South Korean
- Height: 173 cm (5’8″)
- Weight: 50 kg (110 lbs)
- Blood Type: AB
- Religion: Christian
- Profession: Singer, Actress
- Education: Guwol Girls’ Middle School, Incheon Physical Education High School, Sungkyunkwan University’s School of Art (Performing Arts)
- Parents: Kim Sung Kap
- Siblings: Kim Yoo Na (Sister)
- Boyfriend: Lee Sang Yoon (2016), Kangnam (2017)
- Facebook: @officialuie
- Twitter: @uuuei
- Instagram: @kim_uieing49
- TikTok: –
- YouTube: –
- Uee is a part of Lucky Company.
- She broke up with Lee Sang Yoon after dating him for approximately one year.
- Her relationship with Kangnam was just for 3 months.
- Uee’s father works as a baseball coach for Nexen Heroes, a baseball team of South Korean.
- She always prefers to be an actress than a singer.
- She once attended Korean National Sports Festival in high school.
- In her family, Uee is the youngest member.
- Uee admitted to doing some eye surgery because her eyes are naturally uneven.
- Uee has been always getting hate and criticism because of her own weight and some sponsorship that UEE received from a big company.
- White is Uee’s favorite color.
- Uee once revealed that the hatred from the public about her weight made her only eat one meal in one day for 8 years.
- She made good friendships with Wonder Girls’ members.
- So many people think she is similar to Moon Geun Young.
- She loves sports so much.
- She is able to do pole dancing.
- Uee loves boxing and swimming.
- She is talented at athletics.
- During her free time, Uee usually also loves to play golf.
- She hates mint chocolate so much.
- ENFJ is Uee’s MBTI type.
- She has 3 dogs, namely Mango, Jenny, and Yurungi.
- Iced Americano is Uee’s favorite drink.
- Her ideal type is Gong Yoo and Rain.
- Her net worth is around ….
As a singer and actress, Uee really understands her own assignment.